Intermec Home

How to Buy | Partner Login

Developers Forum

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JFran
Accepted Solution

Very basic PM43 - i just want to print something via ethernet connection using hyperterminal

Hello,

I am conneted to my PM43 via an ethernet connection using hyperterminal.  I am able to easily connect using the default username and password.

I am trying to send Fingerprint commands to the printer but they are often not found.

For example: i see the suggestion to put in SETUP WRITE "UART:1"

When i put that in i get "-sh: SETUP: not found"

if i type "help" i get a list of commands that i can use, but there are only around 10 commands and most of the fingerprint commands aren't there.

I am just trying to print a basic label with the weight and a barcode on a 4"x2" label.

Please help

karlperry

Re: Very basic PM43 - i just want to print something via ethernet connection using hyperterminal

Sounds as though you are logging into the printer via telnet port 23. This is not used for printing, but for lower-level access to the command shell.

Try logging into the printer via port 9100. That is the default TCP printing port.

Then:

PRTXT "Hello World"

PRINTFEED

That should print a label with that text.

Karl Perry
Sr. Product Manager, Printers
Honeywell Scanning and Mobility
JFran

Re: Very basic PM43 - i just want to print something via ethernet connection using hyperterminal

Thank You so much!

VC Access
orlando

good morning

I´m having an issue with my new PM43, I have a customer that was using a PM4I printing from SAP, they changed the printer for a PM43, but I we had an issue, when I printed  the label, the letter "ñ" does not appear, instead of this letter, in the letter appeared another weird letter, I tested with other fonts and it doesn´t work, why It happened??, I look forward your comments