Developers Forum

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
rappari

Printing text instead Images on PB51

[ Edited ]

I have an issue with printing the Images on some of the Intermec PB51 printers.

For one of our customer we are creating receipts including the company logo and the customer signatures.

The functionality is working fine but suddenly few of the printers printing ascii text instead of Images

I am not sure any hardware or software change raising this issue?

I am attaching the screenshot of the receipt.

Could you please have a look and let me know if you  find anything from the receipt.

We are trying to replicate this issue b

Thanks

<DanO> Attachment Removed </DanO>

karlperry

Re: Printing text instead Images on PB51

Rappari,

First, this forum is primarily for supporting Fingerprint applications development, not general questions about printing.  If you are not working with a Fingerprint application then this forum is not your best source of help with your issue.

That said, here are some questions you must answer before anyone - anywhere - will be able to help you:

1. What printer command language are you using?

2. Is the firmware version and printer command language the same for all printers?

3. Are the printers you're having problems with all from the same purchase?  Is it a new batch, or an old batch, or is there some other similarity with all of these printers?

4. How are you printing to the printers, from a handheld or from a desktop, or ...?

5. Can you attach a print stream, not just an image file of what prints?

Karl Perry
Sr. Product Manager, Printers
Honeywell Scanning and Mobility
Contributor
rappari

Hi Karl Perry,

Could you please let me know the correct place to move this thread.

And we managed to print the proper text and images on the same printer which was printing faulty

by 

1. Removing the battery and replacing back.

2. Repairing to different printer and pair it back to the old one.

Both the solutions indirectly states that the printing is working on refreshing the bluetooth connection.

Does it make sense, if so please let me know is there any issue on using the same buetooth connection for long period?

Thanks 

Ravi

karlperry

Ravi,

The general development forum is the best place for this kind of thing.

It almost sounds as though you are not allowing enough time for the port to completely open before sending data to it, and you may also not be allowing a delay after each data send to allow the printer to fully receive the data.

If you create a background data reception thread and wait for the printer's "ok" response before continuing these issues will probably go away.

Hope this helps.

Karl

Karl Perry
tahirst

PB3 Bluetooth Printer

Hi Karl Perry,

Could you please let me know how can i print image via Citrix by the host command, or how can i print printer memory image file, please give me idea or send my command.

Tahir

karlperry

Re: PB3 Bluetooth Printer

Tahir,

Sorry - this is not a "Karl answers users' questions" forum.  Messages should not be addressed to any one individual.

Additionally, you are changing the focus of this thread.  In forums, you should create a new thread for a new question rather than changing the focus of an existing thread.

Regards,

Karl Perry