Intermec Home

How to Buy | Partner Login

Developers Forum

mt
mt

CK71 problems with clean boot persistence

For those with access to Incidents in kcsupport: 111005-000064. I figured I would try every avenue possible to try to resolve my problem here.

I cannot find anyone in support that can tell me the single and best way to do the following:

• Install ITE (or IB and ITE ?? or IB ??) -- It says I have SS/ICP on the unit's box
  • Install SR11090800_MSC_Cx70WM65_ALL.CAB -- I was told this patch is necessary because I was running into a problem where the unit would be reset and then lock at the Windows Embedded Blue Screen (the one with white blocks)
  • Copy Remap.cfg to \ITE
  • Apply settings.xml (Do i apply it by the CN3 automatic setup example or must I copy it to \SS\SSConfigDir ?)

Make all of the above clean-boot persistent.

Does anyone know how to do this? I've had several solutions come my way but they don't work. I always test my deployment by clean booting just to be sure that if necessary, the gun can come back to life if it comes to that. Worst case scenario so far has been when I test the clean boot, it just locks at the Windows Embedded Screen and fails to ever fully boot up until I reflash the OS. Best case but not so good, is that the gun comes up but with no settings applied.

Anyone been in the trenches with a CK71 yet? I find it much more painful to get something consistent working than with the CK3.

SOS!

mt
mt

Re: CK71 problems with clean boot persistence

[ Edited ]

A few more remarks:

A few things I wanted to go over:
One thing I noticed today after comparing a gun that I've flashed to a OOB gun is that I'm missing Intermec Browser. I gather this is wiped when I do the OS install. What else is missing after an OS upgrade besides ITE?

It looks like when I provision ITE it places the CAB in \Flash File Store\CABFILES. A tech included this in one of the test bundles, so I didn't think it was necessary to put it on the gun again.
I downloaded IB on the Intermec website and the gun seems to have an ICP license since it's written on the box. Does installing IB while having the ICP license automatically install ITE as well?I haven't used IB at all in my processes here.
The SSPB directory seems to be missing in my Flash File Store no matter if it's a gun OOB or one that I have already flashed. Is this a part of the OS image or is it something that I need to install?

Is it required to place the patch Intermec provided: SR11090800_MSC_Cx70WM65_ALL.CAB into \Flash File Store\SSPB\SRs ? I don't think putting the file in SRs during one of our previous tests worked unless I'm missing something here.
and it does mention: 
<File SrcName="settings.xml" DestName="BootSettings.xml" DestDir="\SmartSystems" />

as well as:

<SetRegKey KeyName="Software\Intermec\SSClient" ValueName="BootSettings" Value="1" Type="DWORD"/>

This works without fail on a CK3 and it has worked for CK71 before, but not consistently. Does this method work for CK71 or not?

Should a Boot="Warm" be used in a _sstransferagent.xml file if I want the settings loaded on both warm and clean boot? I have been using "Warm".

Edited: Formatting
mt
mt

Re: CK71 problems with clean boot persistence

This _sstransferagent.xml is in \FFS\UserAutoInstall\ along with Remap.cfg and settings.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Devices>
	<Device Type="C" Family="*" Model="*" Boot="Warm">
		<Files SrcDir="\Flash File Store\UserAutoInstall">
			<!-- <File SrcName="SR11090800_MSC_Cx70WM65_ALL.CAB" DestName="SR11090800_MSC_Cx70WM65_ALL.CAB" DestDir="\CABFILES" ConfigString="C*" OS="PocketPC" /> -->
			<File SrcName="settings.xml" DestName="BootSettings.xml" DestDir="\SmartSystems" />
			<File SrcName="Remap.cfg" DestName="Remap.cfg" DestDir="\ITE" />
		</Files>

<Commands>

<!-- Example: how to set a registry value -->
            <!-- Enable use of BootSettings.xml in SmartSystems directory -->
            <SetRegKey KeyName="Software\Intermec\SSClient" ValueName="BootSettings" Value="1" Type="DWORD"/>

</Commands> 
	</Device>
</Devices>

This _sstransferagent.xml is in \FFS\:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Devices>
 <Device Type="C" Family="K" Model="*">
  <Commands>
   <Chain Dir="\Flash File Store\SSPB" />
  </Commands>
  <Files SrcDir="\Flash File Store\UserAutoInstall">
   <File SrcName="SR11090800_MSC_Cx70WM65_ALL.CAB" DestName="SR11090800_MSC_Cx70WM65_ALL.CAB" DestDir="\CABFILES" ConfigString="CK7*" OS="PocketPC" Desc="Power Patch"/>
  </Files>
 </Device>
</Devices>

This is my settings.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Intermec Settings XML which is passed to Intermec SmartSystems -->
<!-- see Intermec Developers Library Device Management Resource Kit (http://www.intermec.com/idl) -->

<DevInfo Action="Set" Persist="true">
     <!-- Set Network Profile Settings -->
     <Subsystem Name="Funk Security">
        <Group Name="802.11 Radio">
	     <Group Name="Profile" Instance="Profile_1">
                <Field Name="SSID">example</Field>
                <Field Name="Encryption">WEP</Field>
	        <Field Name="Association">Open</Field>
		<Field Name="Key1" Encrypt="binary.base64">redacted</Field> 
	    </Group>
        </Group>
    </Subsystem>