Developers Forum

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rickmatt
Accepted Solution

Embedded Video Object in a Web Page on a CN50

Hi,

I cannot successfully embed a video object in a web page for viewing on a CN50.  I have tried WMV, SWF, YouTube, and Vimeo and I always get errors.  I briefly had a 6M swf video working, but even that fails now.  Vimeo only throws an "Upgrade your browser" message.

Can anyone tell me what file format, codec, and embedding method will work in an html or php web page?

I hope this isn't a redundant message, I tried to search the forum (and dozens of other places on the 'net) but I couldn't find anything that solved this problem.

Thanks,

Rick

Super Contributor
rHeller

Re: Embedded Video Object in a Web Page on a CN50

rickmatt wrote:

Hi,

I cannot successfully embed a video object in a web page for viewing on a CN50.  I have tried WMV, SWF, YouTube, and Vimeo and I always get errors.  I briefly had a 6M swf video working, but even that fails now.  Vimeo only throws an "Upgrade your browser" message.

Can anyone tell me what file format, codec, and embedding method will work in an html or php web page?

I hope this isn't a redundant message, I tried to search the forum (and dozens of other places on the 'net) but I couldn't find anything that solved this problem.

Thanks,

Rick

Maybe this link can offer some help?

Developing Web Page

rickmatt

Thanks for the reply.

I found that page a while back, and I tried the object embed code that they suggested.  The video they used in the embed code had been removed by the user, and that message shows on the CN50.  So I tried to embed another video, but that was throwing a flash error.

I just tried again and I was getting the same results.  Then I removed the parameters after the new video id and it worked!

Thanks for getting me moving in the right direction again.

Administrator
DanO

Hey Rick

Thanks to you also for coming back and sharing the tip - we appreciate it!

DanO

Dan Ockenfels
Community Manager
Intermec Developer Support