Intermec Home

How to Buy | Partner Login

This forum is being replaced by a forum on the Honeywell Support Portal, which will open soon. Please begin using the new forum as soon as possible. This forum will begin to be phased on in December of 2015. Thank you!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VC Access

Deleting files in SSConfigDir folder

I'm developing a pogram that copies some files to the 'SmartSystems\SSConfigDir' and then waits for their respective output files (for example, if the file copied is 'wifi.xml', it will look for 'wifi.xml_out').

Before this, the program already checks for the 'SaveCfgFiles=1' value in the registry (HKLM\Software\Intermec\SSClient).

Before copying files, I need to ensure that the folder is empty, so I try to delete any file in there. C# code follows:

String[] files = Directory.GetFiles(@"\SmartSystems\SSConfigDir");
                foreach (String f in files)
                return true;
            catch (Exception ex)
                MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, "Deleting files", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Hand, MessageBoxDefaultButton.Button1);
                return false;

I'm getting a System.IO.IOException every time: "Access to the path '\SmartSystems\SSConfigDir\Phone.xml_ss' is denied"

Is deleting forbidden by any reason? If so, is there a way to clean all the files in the folder (maybe using another xml in SmartConfig to delete all files...)??

Thank you in advance

Super Contributor

Re: Deleting files in SSConfigDir folder

[ Edited ]

Your trying to delete a file right?

Wouldn't you want to use File.Delete() instead of Directory.Delete()?

File.Delete Method